Events Manager (The Catholic Alliance)
The Catholic Alliance is looking for an Events Manager in Denver, CO.
To inspire all to encounter Jesus Christ through the joy, power, and grace of giving.
We help the Church grow through generosity, so all can experience God’s love and the joy, peace, and grace that come from being faithful stewards.
CHANGING ROLE OF THE CATHOLIC FOUNDATION
The Catholic Foundation (TCF) has expanded in size and scope by consolidating the fund-raising staff for eight of the Archdiocese of Denver (AOD) ministries. While those ministries will continue to be part of the AOD, The Catholic Alliance (TCA) was formed by TCF to contract with the associated ministries as an organization in which fund-raising and communication services are provided to the ministries and also to the Foundation as a whole, for the benefit of all Church ministries, with an approximately $30+M annual budget.
The Catholic Alliance is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to work on the grants team for the Church of Northern Colorado. For the right career-minded candidate, this is a truly engaging and challenging opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative organization helping to transform the way that the Church interacts and engages with its donors. This individual will be tasked with inspiring and facilitating financial planning and giving for the Kingdom of God that promotes the Gospel, transforms lives, and glorifies God.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, plans, and coordinates all logistics for assigned fundraising events including, but not limited to, volunteer management (including volunteer committees), volunteer recruitment, event budget, venue logistics, food and beverage, event theme, décor, guest list, entertainment, sponsorship and auction item acquisition, etc.
- Assists Events Manager and Accounting in the creation of event goals, event timeline, event budget and overall strategic plan to event deadlines and fundraising initiatives.
- Based on a specific timeline, evaluates, selects, and negotiates contracts with vendors for events.
- Collaborates with the accounting, marketing, and communication teams to ensure all pre-and post-event communications to ensure consistent and appropriate ministry messaging.
- Must have the ability to understand, navigate and manage an event based software (Greater Giving and Razors Edge). Duties will include guest registration, auction item data entry and event specific recording and reporting.
- Cultivate donor relationships while securing event items and sponsorship.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to The Catholic Alliance and partnered ministries, vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and organization information.
- Experience managing fundraising/corporate events ranging from 100 – 350 attendees
- Evidence of successful event based fundraising, planning and management experience. Demonstrated ability to effectively execute creative, fundraising events from concept through post-event evaluation
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills are vital in addition to analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must thrive under pressure, and embrace change, as this position is often demanding and will require evening and weekend work during assigned events timeframe.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy while working independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook to maintain calendars, compose correspondence and reports.
Requires 1-5 years of relevant event planning and fundraising experience.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from accredited four-year college.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time