Catholic Charities is looking for an Event Coordinator in Denver, CO. This position plans and manages all aspects of events to produce revenue, generate publicity and/or enhance public relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, oversees and coordinates all logistics for events including, but not limited to, venue, decorations, attendee list, entertainment, food, etc., to ensure events run smoothly and achieve desired goals and are consistent with Agency mission and Catholic teachings.
- Develops, implements and adheres to effective event planning timelines and ensures deadlines are met.
- Evaluates, selects and negotiates contracts with vendors for events.
- Prepares and administers budget within established guidelines.
- Manages all pre- and post-event communications to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging.
- Coordinates registration and attendee tracking, including ensuring invitees and attendees are accurately tracked and entered into agency database.
- Directs volunteers and acts as team lead for staff for event execution.
- Secures sponsorships as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Visits venues and delivers supplies as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and oversees implementation of program policies, procedures and objectives
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and execute creative, fundraising events from concept through post –event evaluation.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate and include volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, both interpersonally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in event planning preferred.
Non-profit experience preferred.
Excellent attention to detail and organization skills desired.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God's love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
Job Status: Full Time