Employment Retention Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for a full-time Employment Retention Specialist to join our team at The Samaritan House Homeless Shelter in Denver, CO.
Under supervision, provides direct client services in the areas of employment counseling, referral and placement. Coordinates the general daily operations of the program to achieve program goals and provides direct client service. Supports the Director/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery through employment counseling, client needs assessment, vocational evaluation, employment preparation, and training, referral to community resources and support services, program eligibility, and/or job development/placement.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete client records are maintained.
- Maintains professional ties with other organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and tools to assess client's job skills, abilities, interests and job readiness and to match clients with available employment, training, or other opportunities/ services.
- Develops, implements and modifies employment plans with clients, and with input from case manager, with the goal of obtaining and maintaining competitive employment in community settings.
- Identifies potential employers with a focus of developing employment opportunities for clients.
- Teaches essential job skills to clients such as interviewing skills, resume writing, job searching, workplace professionalism.
- Helps clients evaluate long-term employment goals, work history, strengths, personal culture and other factors that relate to current vocational goal.
- Helps clients with career development such as finding more desirable jobs, how to ask for raises and promotions, and locating education and training programs available to the public.
- Monitors and evaluates client's progress through program components; monitors service providers through reports and site visits; resolves any problems or provides guidance and counseling; may make phone calls or conduct field visits to investigate clients' progress in various programs designed to assist clients in preparing for and obtaining employment.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May serve as team leader for volunteers
- Promotes and markets the services to the community.
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of job assessment methods, job search techniques, and employment interviewing
- Ability to use variety of computer applications related to an office work environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in front of a group.
- Techniques for communicating with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in a related field; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time