Employment Coordinator - Part-time
We are looking for a part-time Employment Coordinator for one of our homeless shelters in Denver, CO. If you have a passion for helping people and working for a great organization this position is for you!
Under general supervision, provides direct client services in the areas of employment counseling, referral and placement. Coordinates the general daily operations of the program to achieve program goals and provides direct client service. Supports the Director/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery through employment counseling, client needs assessment, vocational evaluation, employment preparation, and training, referral to community resources and support services, program eligibility, and/or job development/placement.
- Assists supervisor in day-to-day supervision of Retention Specialist through scheduling, delegating, training and providing insight and guidance to team and supervisor.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and tools to assess client's job skills, abilities, interests and job readiness and to match clients with available employment, training, or other opportunities/ services.
- Develops, implements and modifies employment plans with clients, and with input from case manager, with the goal of obtaining and maintaining competitive employment in community settings.
- Identifies potential employers with a focus of developing employment opportunities for clients.
- Teaches essential job skills to clients such as interviewing skills, resume writing, job searching, workplace professionalism.
- Helps clients evaluate long-term employment goals, work history, strengths, personal culture and other factors that relate to current vocational goal.
- Helps clients with career development such as finding more desirable jobs, how to ask for raises and promotions, and locating education and training programs available to the public.
- Monitors and evaluates client's progress through program components; monitors service providers through reports and site visits; resolves any problems or provides guidance and counseling; may make phone calls or conduct field visits to investigate clients' progress in various programs designed to assist clients in preparing for and obtaining employment.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrated knowledge of job assessment methods, job search techniques, and employment interviewing
- Ability to use variety of computer applications related to an office work environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in front of a group.
- Techniques for communicating with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in a related field; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Status: Part Time