Emergency Assistance Coordinator (Glenwood Springs)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Coordinator to join our Emergency Assistance team in Glenwood Springs, CO.
Administers and coordinates the daily operations of the Emergency Services Center. Promotes the development of a caring community by utilizing an approach to service delivery that fosters the empowerment and participation of persons served in a mutual problem-solving process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Emergency Assistance Center, overseeing the distribution of rent, utility, transportation, and prescription monies; food; personal care products; referral information with networking agencies, and other services.
- Administers and develops the Emergency Assistance Center’s operational policies and procedures in conjunction with the Supervisor and other Site Managers.
- Maintains statistical data on the activities of the center; client information in database and all records of services provided.
- Serves as liaison to the Advisory Board chairperson and works with members in their activities, including the recruitment of new members.
- Manages financial resources including maintaining appropriate records, depositing funds and overseeing the disbursement of donations.
- Establishes a process to ensure the ongoing donation of resources for clients; these resources include cash as well as in-kind donations.
- Administers program grants, completing reports as required by grant guidelines.
- Develops and coordinates collaborative networks with other service providers; providing information on agency and program as needed.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to use computer to enter clients in agency database and compile program statistics.
- Ability to use fax machine, copier, telephone and calculator.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented in a fast paced work environment
Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
Ability to maintain a budget necessary
Customer Service Skills preferred
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time