Early Childhood Education Specialist
Catholic Charities is looking for Early Childhood Education Specialists for one of our Early Childhood Education Centers in Denver, CO.
Under the direction of the ECE Director ensures the implementation of the education programs birth – 5 at the large centers. This includes providing support, direction, leadership and training for the education staff and others within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures program compliance with the Child Care Licensing regulations, as well as Head Start Performance Standards.
- Supports the implementation of a quality early care and education program.
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Assists in the hiring and training of teaching staff.
- Observes, monitors, evaluates, and provides feedback and consultation for each classroom teacher and teaching team.
- Provides classroom staff with role models (mentors) or training as needed to demonstrate specific curriculum development, facilitate communication and identify the strengths and challenges of the classroom environment.
- Monitors education staff and assists in curriculum & individual planning sessions as needed.
- Assesses problems and involves children, parents, staff and volunteers in developing and presenting solutions.
- Partners with the Center Directors to prepare and deliver annual performance evaluations of teaching staff.
- Completes Professional Development Plans for all teaching staff 3 times per year and provides input to the Center Directors for the Professional Development Goals included on annual performance evaluations.
- Oversees the education staff involvement in working with the disabilities team in the identification, staffing and service delivery for children with special needs.
- Assists as necessary with Qualistar and other collaborating programs.
- Oversees and monitors the developmental screening of enrolled children which includes training of staff.
- Represents Head Start and Catholic Charities in the community to enhance collaboration with other agencies providing family services, educational opportunities, and other beneficial resources.
- Monitors the ordering of classroom supplies and equipment other than consumable materials.
- Attends meetings and training to stay current with mentoring methods and practices, classroom and teaching methods, and for communication and planning purposes.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience with children 0-5 years old in an educational setting.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Head Start Standards.
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies and other details.
- Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters from accredited school with a degree in ECE or equivalent AND three to five years related experience and/or training; plus 24 ECE credits.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Friday.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time