Director of Marisol Homes
Catholic Charities is looking for a Director for Marisol Homes in Denver, CO.
Guided by the pastoral mission, values and goals of Catholic Charities’ ministry, manages the general operations of the Marisol Homes program and staff to ensure program goals and outcomes are met and are consistent with the goals, mission and values of the Agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Develops, recommends and oversees implementation of program policies, procedures and objectives to support our mission.
- Prepares and administers area budget within established guidelines
- Compiles accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Monitors performance measurements and recommends program improvements
- Ensures that programs and services are in compliance with licensing, accreditation, state and federal standards and other appropriate regulatory or professional requirements.
- Works with the local system of care toward the design, implementation and evaluation of a model of care that is collaborative and strengths-based.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations, boards, and/or committees for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Monitors the physical environment and all equipment at program sites to ensure optimal maintenance, operation and safety.
- Assist in the management and oversight of clients; teaches and models appropriate social skills.
- Identify support needs and work with community providers to coordinate support and the acquisition of services for clients
- Provides back-up to staff in the direct services to clients.
- Assists with grants in collaboration with the Vice President and Director of Grants
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency’s values and policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and markets the services to the community.
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
Supervises program staff
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and program management serving women/families and children.
- Experience/knowledge in the field of homelessness, domestic violence and/or women’s crisis center.
- Experience/knowledge in the field of counseling/mental health and trauma-informed practice
- Ability to work effectively within the framework of Catholic teachings.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, create and generate reports, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, counseling, psychology or closely related field; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and/or intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043). Refrain from public promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
This is an exempt, full-time position, 40 hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Masters degree in Social Work or related field is required.
Supervisory experience, Social work, and mental health experience is required.
Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice required.
Experience counseling children, parents, women, and families is preferred.
Trauma informed care and experience working with substance abuse, mental health assessment, and treatment preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time