Custodian - (full time) - Homeless Shelter
Catholic Charities is looking for a Custodian to join our team at The Samaritan House Homeless Shelter in Denver, CO. If you would like to do something more meaningful, we want to talk to you.
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, cleans the facility on their respective shift.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of soap and cleaning agents.
- Setup and breakdown set-ups for all meetings.
- Supports and educates residents and volunteers on chore duties.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with Snow Removal as needed.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Provides support to the operations department staff when a staff member is absent.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain cleanliness in a commercial facility including cleaning of fixtures, use of commercial cleaning equipment and a strong working knowledge of working with cleaning agents.
- The ability to be able to function independently and maintain self-sufficiency with minimal supervision.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time