Coordinator, Community Integration Services (Glenwood Springs)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Community Integration Services Coordinator to join the team in Glenwood Springs, CO.
Coordinates the general daily operations of the program to achieve program goals and provides direct client service. Provides advocacy services to immigrant clients who are encountering obstacles in getting their needs met or rights upheld. Provides community outreach and coordinates cultural orientation presentations for Hispanic immigrants aimed at empowering them to access community services. Supports the Director/Manager as needed for the benefit of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete client records are maintained.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Completes an assessment of each client and determines the service plan needs.
- Develops with the client a plan of action to resolve the presenting problem.
- Refers clients to needed professional, legal and/or human service providers.
- Makes home visits or visits other settings on behalf of the client as needed.
- Negotiates with other individuals or groups on behalf of the client in order to mediate a resolution to the current problem.
- Research, develop, and facilitate cultural orientation presentations.
- Prepares training presentations and/or recruits other presenters to give instruction.
- Provides interpretation on behalf of client in a variety of situations.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Networks with other agencies and churches.
- Attends necessary meetings related to the program.
- Trains and oversees volunteers, may perform limited volunteer recruitment
- Promotes and markets the services to the community.
- Assists with special community outreach/projects.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office suite products to enter data, create communications, and create and generate reports
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills, including written, oral and ability to present to groups
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both in writing and speaking.
- Experience in mediation preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position.
Bilingual candidates preferred. English/Spanish
Community Outreach experience preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14C320