Community Engagement Specialist for Marisol Health Denver (part-time)
Catholic Charities, Marisol Health is looking for a part-time Community Engagement Specialist to join our team in Denver, CO.
The Community Engagement Specialist works with the Marisol Health Directors, Marisol Health staff, MH volunteers and in cooperation with The Catholic Charities Marketing and Communications team, create awareness, and increase funding for Marisol Health. He/she seeks to increase client base, referrals, volunteers and donors in support of this life-affirming mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Faith Community Awareness
- Establish working relationships with faith-based community organizations in our targeted geographic regions.
- Establish working relationships within the local parishes and churches, to strengthen networking, provide resources, and increase referrals.
- Seek opportunities to promote the services of Marisol Health at faith-based events/networking groups/conferences/etc.
- Develop, train, promote and establish a partnership program with area churches to establish partnership, in conjunction with the Volunteers and Parish relations team.
- Act in partnership with the Directors and The Marketing and Communications team for fundraising opportunities and events: Plan, Promote, Organize, and report (after the fact). Local events may include, but are not limited to: Ladies Tea, SonRise event, and other events as developed
- Act as lead for Marisol Health Meet and Greets in collaboration with the Directors and the Marketing and Communications team; Plan, Promote, Organize and Report (after the fact).
- Follow-up with Donors obtained at Marisol Health events. Send Thank you notes within 30 days of event. Personally, contact and connect with 6 Donors each month; in conjunction with the Directors.
- Encourage local communities to become monthly supporters of Marisol Health; by fostering relationship; writing proposals (as appropriate), meeting with financial decision makers. Follow up in person and in writing.
- Establish working relationships with local university/college campuses' personnel to strengthen relationships, provide resources, and increase referrals. Identify key personnel at each campus.
- Identify campus events for potential Marisol Health Involvement. Events may include Student Involvement Fairs, Greek Life activities, etc. Establish/Ensure that Marisol Health is on the contact list for pertinent events/activities. Coordinate and Participate in these outreach events, with the assistance of the Directors, Campus Director and key leads on campus.
- Identify like-minded agencies/clubs already established on campus. Develop a working relationship with their leadership. Find opportunities to work cooperatively.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet regularly with Program Directors to report on activities in the 3 major areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a working spreadsheet of all contacts/activities.
- Work within Marisol Health offices to assist with routine office duties as needed.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities' vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities' commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- May act as a program representative with various community committees and agencies.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, including speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills with co-workers and the general public
- Intermediate knowledge of computer word processing and database systems to accurately input information, maintain client and program data, generate reports, and create communications.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse community base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Communications or related field, from accredited four-year college or university; and six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Flexible schedule. Hours available are Monday - Friday, 830am to 430pm, occasional weekends.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time