Classroom Assistant (part-time & full-time available)
Catholic Charities is looking for Classroom Assistants for our Early Childhood Education centers in Denver, CO.
Under direct supervision, is responsible for assisting with coverage of the classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the safety and security of children in classroom.
- Develops positive relationships with parents and families of each child.
- Assists other staff in planning, coordinating and completing student activities
- Provides classroom coverage for teacher absences, updates teaching staff upon their return
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of classroom materials and equipment.
- Ensures that the classroom is safe, clean and orderly.
- Takes direction from classroom staff regarding classroom organization and management.
- Provides crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse reporting.
- Ensures safe environment by following safety rules.
- Participates in the preparation, setup, serving, and clean-up of meals and snacks.
- Administers first aid and/or medication, attends to medical devices (with appropriate training) as needed.
- Complies with all child care licensing regulations and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Participates in required training, programs, workshops, and meetings concerning teaching methods, first aid/CPR, universal precautions, food safety, and other topics relating to the classroom, early childhood development and environments.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must comply with all Colorado State Licensing and Head Start Performance Standards requirements for child care staff.
- Welcomes, includes, and supports volunteers.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact well with children 6 weeks-5 years of age.
- Must be Early Childhood Teacher (formerly known as Group Leader) qualified.
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies, and other details.
- Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience effectively interacting with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age in a group setting. Must be Early Childhood Teacher (formerly known as Group Leader) qualified.
The part-time position is 20 hours per week. Monday through Friday, 1pm - 5pm.
The full-time position is 30 hours per week.
ECT and or willing to become ECT preferred.
Experience with children 6 weeks to 5 years old preferred.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time