Child Care Attendant - Homeless Shelter (Greeley)(part-time)
Catholic Charities is looking for a Child Care Attendant for our Children's Learning Lab, at the Guadalupe Homeless Shelter in Greeley, CO.
Plans, organizes, implements, and delivers a developmentally appropriate program based on the individual and group educational, social, and emotional potential of the children participating in the group. Provides input and observation concerning program participants, and interacts with parents and other resource staff to provide a supportive environment for children and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops positive relationships with parents and families of each child
- Collaboratively works on assessment of each child with the parent, develops an individualized plan to address deficits and build upon strengths for each student, and monitors and reports on these results.
- Provides direction for parents on development of their child socially, cognitively, and academically
- Completes a final progress assessment upon departure of each child who transitions from the shelter
- Plans and implements activities that stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, emotional, social, and cognitive)
- Assists with narratives in grant reporting and writing related to child development
- Assists in the coordination of activities with other staff.
- Ensures that the classroom is safe, clean and orderly.
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of classroom materials and equipment.
- Provides crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse reporting.
- Ensures safe environment by following safety rules.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to interact will with children from birth to school-age.
- Courses in Early Childhood education preferred but not required
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with children, parents and co-workers
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies, and other details.
- Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least six months experience working with children under 12 in a group setting.
This is a part-time position and not eligible for benefits.
Hours are Monday-Thursday, 630pm-830pm
Bilingual preferred- English/Spanish.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time, On Call