Case Manager I - Homeless Shelter (part-time)
Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time Client Services Case Manager I to join our team at The Samaritan House Homeless Shelter in Denver, CO.
Provides professional case management services program to clients to improve client stability, self-sufficiency and personal growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery of case management services to clients under close supervision.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management
- Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment of clients within established guidelines through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Recommends the necessary level of intervention by evaluating client data.
- Under guidance, develops and modifies treatment/service plans for individuals, families and ancillary service providers for review. Implements as directed.
- Provides supportive services to assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records; documents client contacts and progress to ensure program compliance and adherence to standards
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Facilitates support/educational groups for clients, may assist in planning curriculum.
- Authorizes services of the organization based upon assessment of need and availability of resources. Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Demonstrates skills and sensitivity to the cultural/linguistic differences of staff, clients and community.
- Plans and provides training for community agencies and groups.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participate in Division or agency events/initiatives.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the basic theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reports and documents preparation.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 years related college education and/or experience in human services field.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am - 12pm
Experience working with homeless individuals and ability to de-escalate is helpful
Prior Case Management experience preferred
Experience working with substance abuse and in mental health preferred
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful
Documentation experience preferred
Comfortable in crisis situations preferred
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Part Time