Assistant Kitchen Supervisor/Cook - Referral and Signing Bonus!
Catholic Charities is looking for a weekend Assistant Kitchen Supervisor/Cook for The Mission Homeless Shelter in Ft. Collins, CO. The hours for this position are Friday through Sunday, 8am to 430pm.
Referral Bonus: $250.00 and Sign-on Bonus: $250.00. Both bonuses will be paid out to the employee after 6 months of employment and if they are still active at 6 months.
Prepares, oversees the preparation and serves the daily meals at the Mission Homeless Shelter. Ensures volunteers, residents and interns receive appropriate training in food preparation and that all sanitation standards of health, safety and hygiene are practiced and enforced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes all aspects of food preparation for meal for specified shifts
- Directs work of volunteers and/or resident help in the kitchen.
- Executes and maintains an efficient, economical and nutritious food service program for the shelter.
- Receives and supervises the food donations and makes arrangements for the storage of food products and other materials necessary to the food service operations.
- Assists with food production and presentation of daily menu items and special events.
- Monitors that only the highest standard of quality is maintained in the production of the daily meals.
- Monitors that all kitchen sanitation and safety regulations are observed at all times.
- Supervises the kitchen skills intern training program, with emphasis on instructing residents on basic food preparation in a commercial food production environment.
- Maintains statistical data on meals served.
- Monitors costing of needed raw materials.
- Monitors portion control, waste and maintains appropriate levels of needed inventory.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Provides support to the operations staff as directed.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Institutional and restaurant experience as well as a good working knowledge of all food preparation and production standards including sanitation safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of all commercial grade kitchen equipment.
- The ability to be able to function independently and maintain self-sufficiency with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time, fully benefited position at 30 hours per week.
Experience in a high volume kitchen preferred.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time