Accounting Clerk (Ft. Collins)
Catholic Charities is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join the team at The Mission Homeless Shelter in Ft. Collins.
Processes and maintains accurate and timely departmental accounting records. Also assists the Emergency Assistance program for approximately 10 hours per week.
ACCOUNTING CLERK - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes invoices, codes and obtains approval signatures, maintains documentation, and sends originals of Accounts Payable invoices and authorizations to Denver.
- Responds to vendor inquiries about accounts, including servicing of pop machines, and records of service agreements for facility appliances.
- Collects and codes departmental credit card receipts, obtains approval signatures, and sends to Denver.
- Processes deposits, codes them into databases, compiles and submits check register timely and accurately.
- Routes direct mail donations to bank lock box.
- Processes receipt of cash and checks consistent with Agency policies related to internal controls, codes and deposits to appropriate accounts, and sends records to Denver.
- Orders office supplies, name tags, business cards and brick plaques.
- Collects and distributes mail from post office box and processes the bulk mailings.
- Processes, tracks, and prepares documentation for Enterprise Zone donations.
- Coordinates the petty cash fund.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a cordial working relationship with energy assistance providers, utility providers, and other resource providers
- Communicates with energy assistance providers to manage funding processes and explore new funding opportunities
- Insures that program requirements and required energy assistance provider training and certifications remain up to date
- Organize processes to integrate EA client flow with other front office administrative functions
- Sets appointments and meets with clients to establish eligibility, verify documentation, fill out required paperwork for clients to receive Emergency Assistance
- Keeps accounting of budgeted funds from energy assistance providers and manages distribution to utilize all funds within grant cycle requirements
- Coordinates with other local service providers to share information about resource availability
- Helps vulnerable clients navigate resources and connect to services
- Refer clients as eligible to other Catholic Charities services and resources
- Organizes and coordinates the annual Catholic Charities Christmas gift delivery program
- Sets appointments and meets with clients to help them obtain identification documents.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform essential accounting clerk and receptionist functions when necessary.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources.
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Two years accounting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office suite and accounting software/databases.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Organized, detailed and thorough in record keeping and documentation requirements.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with general supervision.
- Ability to use computer, fax machine, copier, calculator and telephone.
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Hours are Monday through Friday.
Bi-lingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
Experience in accounting is required.
Experience in non-profit accounting is highly desired.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Status: Full Time